£9.16 per hour
24 hours per week
Grimsby, DN32 7RS
The Anchorage is a 41 bedded enhanced specialist care home split between an 13 bedded enhanced dementia community (The Haverstoe Suite) and a 28 bedded residential dementia community situated in Grimsby. It received a rating of Outstanding from the Care Quality Commission at its last inspection.
We are recruiting for an individual on a full time basis, working 24 hours per week, working 12 hour day shifts 07:00 to 19:00. A rota applies to both positions and covers 7 days per week therefore flexibility is required.
• As a Personal Carer, you will support with tasks such as bathing, dressing, toileting, and support with their prescribed medication and meal preparation in accordance with their individual care plan.
• You will keep care plans and records up to date and factual and report any factors that may present a risk in the deterioration and functioning of the Service User.
• Interaction with service users professionally and respectfully whilst promoting person centred care, treating people with respect and dignity at all times is essential.
• We actively encourage service users to make decisions about their own lives and support during activities within the home and community.
Who we are looking for:
• Previous experience working within the Care sector and/or relevant qualifications is advantageous but not essential as full training is provided.
• Knowledge and understanding of working with the elderly, those with dementia and vulnerable adults would be beneficial.
• You must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with Service User’s and other professionals.
Your new rewarding role in Care comes with many added benefits such as:
• Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
• Paid breaks & enhanced rates of pay for Bank Holidays
• Discounted local & national gym memberships
• Access to low cost saving plans and loans
• Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the Highstreet
• Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
• Refer a Friend bonuses
• Free parking
• Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
If you have a kind and caring nature and are motivated by seeing the difference you can make to our Service Users, as well as being passionate about delivering a high standard of care, then we want to hear from you!