£10.50 per hour
36 hours per week
The HICA Group has an exciting opportunity for a Day & Night Care Assistant at Cranwell Court in Grimsby, a care home for older persons and those living with dementia.
We are looking for a caring, hardworking individual to join our team of superstars, providing a first class service to our residents.
Pay & Hours:
- Rate of Pay – £10.50 per hour, increasing to £10.80 per hour upon completion of 6 months service
- Hours of Work – 36 hours per week, 12 hour shifts 7.00am – 7.00pm on days or 7.00pm – 7.00am on nights.
- Shift Pattern – Working to a rota covering 7 days per week (every other weekend).
Supporting with a range of care needs and enabling our residents to lead fulfilling lives including:
- Personal care (washing, dressing, oral hygiene)
- Assist with meals and drinks to support our resident’s overall nutrition
- Contribute and support during activities
- Maintain and develop professional relations with families
- Completing all relevant paperwork in a timely manner
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns
- Promote independence of our residents at all times to improve their quality of life
- Assist with mobility and transferring safely e.g. from bed to chair
- Observe and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being reporting any changes
Rewards & Benefits:
- Be supported by our highly trained and dedicated team including Team Leaders, our Deputy and Registered Manager.
- Fully comprehensive induction and development support from our in-house training team including E-Learning and shadowing shifts
- For those interested in progressing to become a Team Leader, we can offer an accelerated training programme upon completion of probation
- Savings on your shopping – up to 8% in some retailers
- Refer a friend bonuses up to £100
- The HICA lottery – prizes up to £2000+
- Cycle to work scheme
- Techsave loans – borrow money to buy technology based gifts and repay through your wages over 12 months
- Prizes from fun competitions such as our Hall of Horrors guess the manager, our bonfire bonanza voucher giveaway and our 12 days to Xmas prize extravaganza.
- You should be naturally caring, passionate and committed to providing the best possible care
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have patience, communication and listening skills
- Have a positive attitude
- We provide full training so don’t worry If you are new to the care sector, if you have the right qualities to care we would love to hear from you
Cranwell Court is a 56 bed Care Home split between a 17 bedded enhanced dementia unit and a 39 bed residential development situated on Cambridge Road in Grimsby. Set in its own beautiful grounds Cranwell Court comprises of a range of spacious , self contained apartments with kitchen and bathroom facilities, giving residents their own front door and private space.
We are rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and bring the very latest in care and facilities for older people into the heart of Grimsby.
The HICA Group is a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to elderly clients and people with learning difficulties, across a range of services, including our care homes, residential settings and in the community.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS checks.
(Please note – we do not offer sponsorship)