£12.42 per hour
40 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a caring, enthusiastic individual to join our ever growing team as a Service Coordinator!
Rate of Pay: £12.42 per hour
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
As we move forwards into Autumn, this role is a fantastic opening for someone eager to take the next step in their career within the care sector. Becoming a care co-ordinator is a excellent opportunity to develop skills and make a positive contribution to the lives of our service users!
Under the guidance of the Registered Manager and based primarily at our Doncaster Homecare offices, the successful candidate will provide leadership and support to Care Workers based in the community, ensuring quality service is delivered to meet the individual needs of our service users through robust rota management.
Why HICA at Home?
We know times are hard for everyone at the moment, so as an employee of the HICA Group you will have access to a wide variety of exclusive benefits and rewards including:
· Retail, supermarket, holiday and cinema discounts for massive savings on your weekly shopping and entertainment- up to 8% with some retailers!
· Techsave- buy mobile phone, iPads and tablets, gaming consoles and other technology through our exclusive scheme (Ideal for Christmas!)
· Discounted local and national gym memberships
· Access to funded qualifications and genuine career progression opportunities
· Cycle to work scheme
· Refer a friend bonuses
· Access to low-cost saving plans and loans, paid though payroll
· Seasonal prizes and competitions to be won throughout the year, even more now with Halloween and Christmas fast approaching!
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, develop and maintain person-centred and outcome-based services, ensuring rotas are designed to provide the most effective outcome to our service users
· Monitor recruitment needs of your allocated geographical area of responsibility and communicate to the Registered Manager on a weekly basis
· Manage the services provided in accordance with the relevant legislation and ensure all internal and external quality standards are adhered to
· Develop effective relationships with our service users, their families/representatives and any other professionals or agencies involved with the business
· Produce reports and provide management information as required
· Produce and maintain accurate electronic and written records, including daily recording, in line with Company policy and the Data Protection Act, following GDPR requirements at all times
· Participate in the on-call rota to meet the operational needs of the business
· Personally cover care calls in the event of a lack of availability of care workers to attend
· Respond to, and report, any concerns or complaints received in line with Company procedure
· Any other duties commensurate with the role
Applicants must have access to their own transport to ensure they are able to attend any community- based work required, and shall receive a fuel allowance. Candidates should have flexibility as this role will require working some weekends on a rota basis.
Experience & Qualifications:
· At least one year’s experience working with vulnerable people in a professional care and support setting
· Educated to GCSE standard for literacy and numeracy
· Basic IT competencies, including using Microsoft Office packages
· Effective interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work unsupervised and use own initiative
· Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care, or another equivalent qualification would be advantageous
· Experience of supervisory management of a team, managing conflict or developing/monitoring/recording care plans would be desirable
The HICA Group provides high standard support services across Doncaster and the surrounding areas, including Thorne, Moorends, Stainforth and Hatfield, supporting our clients with a broad range of individual needs and personal requirements, including learning difficulties, elderly care and dementia.
Upon receiving your application, we will aim to be in touch to discuss your preferences further with a view of arranging an interview within 5 working days. Successful candidates will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please Note – we do not offer sponsorship