£11.00 per hour
Doncaster & Surrounding Areas
Are you looking for a role that will make a difference to your community? Do you want to go home feeling like you have done something rewarding every day? Then join the HICA Group today!
We are expanding our lovely team of Home Care Workers in Doncaster and the surrounding areas including Hatfield and Thorne.
Due to the range of locations we cover, own car transport is required.
Pay & Shifts:
- £11.00 per hour, rising to £11.42 after 6 months service.
- Receive 24p for every mile you drive between calls as a fuel allowance.
- Paid travel time at your hourly rate for the commute between service users’ homes
- Get a guaranteed 16-hour contract but work up to 40 hours if you want. Pick your limits to suit your personal commitments.
- Tea & Bed shifts – 3pm to 10:30pm
- Block pay contracts are available, so you are paid from your first to last call regardless of any gaps. For example, working 7am to 2pm is a full 7 hours pay
Rewards & Benefits:
- Paid induction / completion of care certificate. Supervisory support in the community until you’re feeling confident.
- Fully comprehensive induction and development support from our in-house training team including E-Learning and shadowing shifts
- Savings on your shopping – up to 8% in some retailers
- Refer a friend bonuses up to £200
- The HICA lottery – prizes up to £2000+
- Cycle to work scheme
- Techsave loans – borrow money to buy technology based gifts and repay through your wages over 12 months
- Prizes from fun competitions such as our Hall of Horrors guess the manager, our bonfire bonanza voucher giveaway and our 12 days to Xmas prize extravaganza
- Overtime is available but only if you want it. Enhancements paid from time to time.
Our main aim at HICA is to help our clients maintain their independence at home by supporting with a variety of tasks including:
- Personal care, continence care and medication administration
- Washing & Bathing
- Grocery shopping
- Helping to get dressed
- Domestic chores
- Making someone a cup of tea, preparing a meal or having a chat because you might be the only person they see that day
- Accompanying to appointments
- Helping with mobility such as with the stairs or getting into bed
With HICA, you do not need to be qualified to start your career in care – If you have a caring nature, good communication skills and a positive attitude, then please apply!
HICA is a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and people with learning difficulties both within residential and nursing homes and within the community.
Successful candidates will need to complete an Enhanced DBS Check. HICA do not offer sponsorship to Non-UK nationals.