Up to £26k
Hull, HU2 8DT
We are looking for a customer-focused HR Advisor to help strengthen our advisory capacity to meet operational HR needs across the north of England.
This is a permanent role enjoying hybrid working between head office in Hull and working from home, with travel required from time to time to our services.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and guiding managers on a range of employee relations issues by giving advice, supporting both formal and informal meetings, processing template and bespoke letters and monitoring progression of live cases via a case management log.
• Making referrals to specialists where required in respect of employee health / absence issues.
• Providing an advisory service on a range of employment life-cycle matters such as from holiday calculations and Working Time Regulations to contractual issues.
• Working collaboratively with the local recruitment team to identify the needs of your services and supporting recruitment and onboarding processes.
• Recognising recurring issues / trends and taking ownership to identify the root-cause(s) and implement agreed solutions.
• Ongoing coaching and training of managers in relation to HR policy and best practice.
• Supporting the HR Business Partner with change management exercises across the group e.g. shift pattern reviews, restructures.
• Supporting with policy and process reviews; making updates to policies and implementing changes to internal processes / practices.
• Leading / support to projects related to the HR business plan.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
• Proven experience as a HR Advisor with a track record in managing high-volume HR issues.
• Excellent understanding of employment law and best practices.
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
• Willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of key customers & and achieve best outcomes by thinking “outside the box”.
Your new rewarding role in Care comes with many added benefits such as:
Salary – up to £26k
Annual leave – 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
5% pension contribution
HICA Rewards Benefits App –
Instant access to retail, cinema & entertainment discounts.
Discounted insurance products
Cycle to Work and other salary sacrifice rewards
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
HICA Group are a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and people with learning difficulties both within residential and nursing homes and within the community.
We employee 1600 colleagues across services in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Lancashire with our head office based in Hull city centre.