£12.00 per hour
Louth, LN11 0JF
A new opportunity has arisen at the HICA Group for passionate, clinically skilled Nurse Associates to join our expanding team at The Wolds Care Centre in Louth.
With support from the Clinical Lead and Registered Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of a core team to meet our residents’ needs in order to promote choice and individuality.
Our stunning 66-bed nursing home is divided into four communities offering specialist dementia, general nursing and residential support, with the additional luxuries of a café, cinema, multi-activity room, library and an on-site hair & beauty salon. Nurses are assigned to their own unit, allowing you to get to know your residents and make a real difference to their lives on a daily basis.
The Wolds are proud to be Gold Standard Framework accredited and excels in providing End of Life Nursing Care. Nursing is represented throughout HICA’s management structure with a nurse-qualified Director of Operations and CEO who support at a local level to ensure focus on delivering clinical excellence.
We currently have part-time and full-time positions available, on either 6 hour or 12 hour shifts, for both days and nights. The HICA Group understands the importance of maintaining a good work-life balance and therefore we always endeavour to allocate your shifts with sufficient notice. Your availability will be discussed at interview.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete medication rounds for your allocated unit.
- Maintain medication stock levels
- Catheterisation, administering insulin injections, checking for pressure sores and venipuncture (not essential).
- Liaise with other external medical professionals such as doctors, psychiatrists, pharmacists and district nurses.
- Provide handovers and attend meetings to receive and communicate any updates regarding the welfare of our residents.
- Respond to any emergencies which may occur.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete daily notes.
- Work in collaboration with Team Leaders and the care team to run your shift.
Candidates should be confident, have a positive outlook, be empathetic and able to work individually or as part of a team. The successful applicants will receive a full induction on service, with a gradual phased approach to ensure confidence and familiarity with our service. Further opportunities for professional development will be available.
Your new rewarding role in Care comes with many added benefits such as:
- £12 per hour – various contracted hours available
- NMC annual renewal fees paid
- 1 hour paid break, and 1 hour paid handover periods
- 28 days holiday plus a day for revalidation
- £500 retention bonus, payable after 12 months
- £1000 refer a nurse bonus
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment and cinema discounts
- Discounted local and national gym memberships
- Access to low-cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death benefit plans not available on the high street
- Employee assistance programme and access to free counselling
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status.